Back to the list
Maison des Gouverneurs
- Maison des gouverneurs is dynamic and accessible to everyone.
- Opening hours:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:15 p.m.to 4:30 p.m.,
Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- From June 21 to September 1, 2014 : Every day
From 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The municipality presents visual art exhibits, musical performances and animations combined with various other forms of artistic expression, such as poetry, music and theatre.
- Their programs also include family shows, conferences, workshops, meetings with artists, readings, etc.
- Built in 1781, this house that was purchased by the English governor Frederick Haldimand to house military commanders stationed at Fort Sorel. Its first occupant was the German Baron Friedrich Adolph von Riedesel. His family celebrated Christmas by introducing what was probably the first lit Christmas tree in Canada. Now classified as a historic building, the building houses the tourist information office.